Ready to lead? Here’s the path to national presidency. It has been streamlined over the years to remove roadblocks and encourage new leaders.
- Three (3) years of membership
- Serve a full term as Chapter President
- Serve as Region Director
So, how do I become a Region Director? National AMBUCS is governed by a board of directors. They come onto the board in several ways and are meant to be representative of the membership.
- Six (6) members are elected by their respective regions; called Region Directors. Three (3) are elected each year for two year terms. This staggers the turnover of board members and seeks to provide continuity.
- Three (3) are National Officers (the Executive Committee). The National President and President-elect are elected at AMBUCS National Conference. The last position is filled by the immediate Past National President.
- The National Big Hat Club President serves as a voting member of the board of directors.
- There is one (1) at-large position allowed. It is appointed by the board of directors and targets a skill set that would benefit the organization.
If this is a path you are interested in, please talk to your chapter President and Region Director for mentorship. If you have served as Chapter President and are interested in serving on the national board, please also contact the ARC.