Thank you for registering for the 2018 AMBUCS National Conference!
Please review your confirmation carefully and contact the AMBUCS Resource Center at via phone (336) 852-0052 x110 or email email@example.com, if changes need to be made.
This year’s Host Hotel is Peppermill Resort Spa Casino.
Remember you must reserve your room as well as register for conference. (Conference registration does not cover the cost of your room or save a room for you.)
(If they can’t find the block, ask them to search by date October 3-6, 2018.)
North or West Wing Room: $89/night
Peppermill Tower Room: $109/night
Tuscany Tower Room: $129/night
Make your reservations early, AMBUCS room block will be released on August 31.
Amenities include: Free Wi-Fi Property Wide, 10 min from the Airport, Free Airport Shuttle, Free Valet and Parking, 23 Restaurants, Bars & Lounges, Luxurious beds and linen, ADA Accessible, 24-hour room service, In-room safe, Refrigerator, Connecting hotel rooms available, Keurig Coffee Machines with coffee, 42″ LCD high-def television, Pay-to-view movies, Alarm clock with USB ports and power, and High-speed internet access. (No Resort Fee)
The Fine Print: Room Rates do not include the county-wide 13% Hotel Room Tax (subject to change). The Peppermill’s resort fee of $25 per room, per night will be waived for attendees of this group. There will a $2 Tourism Surcharge added to each paid room per night.
The following are a few items to remember in preparation for the conference:
- What to Wear: At this time of year, day temperatures in Reno, NV are in the upper-60s with nights in the upper-30s. We recommend you dress in layers. Remember the meeting rooms will likely be cool so bring a jacket. Comfortable walking shoes are a must if you are planning to explore the region or join the Trek 4 Trykes walk-a-thon. The Foundation program, business sessions and educational workshops are casual. The President’s Dinner and Reception is dressy casual to semi-formal.
- Special Assistance: If you will require any special assistance during your trip to the AMBUCS National Conference or have food allergies/dietary restrictions, please be sure to contact the AMBUCS Resource Center as soon as possible so that arrangements can be made.
- Transportation: Please visit here and scroll down to “Travel Information” for details.
- All registration cancellations will be charged a $25 processing fee (NO EXCEPTIONS). Registration cancellations must be received by September 7, 2018 in order to receive full refund (minus $25 processing fee). No refunds are accepted after September 7, 2018 (NO EXCEPTIONS). “NO SHOWS” WILL NOT BE REFUNDED. ALL CANCELLATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN WRITING OR EMAIL TO: AMBUCS Resource Center, P.O. Box 5127, High Point, NC 27262
Fax: (336) 852-6830 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional AMBUCS Chapter-Related Information:
- Trek 4 Trykes Fundraiser The Trek 4 Trykes Walker’s Handbook is available. If you would like to set up your online fundraising page, please visit www.crowdrise.com/2018NationalTrek4Trykes and click on “Set Up Your Fundraiser” at top of page. Great prizes will be awarded to our three highest Trek fundraisers.
- Child and/or Veteran Amtryke Donations: You, your chapter or your business can donate an Amtryke therapeutic tricycle for the 2018 Great Amtryke Giveaway (combined Veteran’s Ride and Amtryke Rodeo) and help our effort to provide local riders the opportunity to experience the joy and freedom of riding. Fill out the Amtryke Donation Form and return to AMBUCS Resource Center.
- We still have SPONSORSHIPS open for several conference events! Cost will not count towards 100% Giving totals but would receive the benefits of sponsorship as listed in Sponsorship Packet. Contact the Resource Center if you’d like to learn more.
- Credentials: Your chapter must be in good standing (dues paid) to be eligible to vote. Credential check-in will take place at the general session on Thursday.
- Your 2018 Big Hat event will be a Dinner/Auction and a separate business meeting.
- We have discontinued door prizes for National Conference (the BHC may still request them). Please do not bother with purchasing or donating door prizes.
- Shipping: If you are shipping materials – you may ship directly to hotel. Please note: the hotel will charge you for package handling based on quantity, size and weight. Be sure your name and check-in date is on any materials shipped to the hotel.